ServicesInternational relationsDGRV and Development ServicesOur focus
Our focus is on:
- empowering large sections of the population to take part in the economic and social development of their country,
- removing the causes and consequences of economic and social marginalization for good,
- strengthening the readiness for self-help and the capacity to assume personal responsibility,
- creating structures for a sustainable economic development.
- cooperatives and cooperative networks in the financial, crafts, and agricultural sectors,
- the establishment of centralized institutions such as cooperative central banks,
- the development of training and advanced training systems,
- the building-up of auditing systems in cooperation with national banking supervisory authorities and central banks, and
- meaningful framework conditions which are conducive to cooperatives, such as banking supervision, banking law, cooperative law.
We use for orientation:
- the development-policy guidelines and concepts of the Federal Government and international institutions,
- the situation in partner countries and the people living there,
- business-oriented self-help in the spirit of the cooperative pioneers Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen and Hermann Schulze-Delitzsch, and
- long-term project experience as a competent implementing agency in development cooperation.